7 of 2023 - River Updates
1. Allington Lock will continue to operate only at weekends until the completion of the lock works 28th April. However, the lock will be operational for the Easter holidays, Friday 7th through to Monday 10th April.
2. All winter lock draw down works are complete and the navigation is fully open (subject to strong stream advice, available here )
3. Hampstead Lock to Sluice Weir Lock proceed with caution when passing over-hanging tree, exact location available in our interactive map
4. The river between East Lock and Eldridges Lock is open for use, however works will continue at Porters Lock until 12th May. Porters Lock will be open for use during the works, but there may be a short delay to river users while contractors finish their investigations and surveys associated with Porters Lock refurbishment project, more details available here )
5. Following winter high flows there is a build up of silt at the locks which is making the operation of some lock gates harder than usual. In particular East Farleigh, Teston and Tonbridge Town Lock. We are working hard to clear the silt from the locks in time for Easter.
For further information please contact Allington Lock on 01622 752864, or contact us